Salt Cell Cleaning
Salt cells should be checked and cleaned every 3 months.
Follow these steps to clean your cell:
1. Disconnect your cell. From the system on the wall follow the cord all the way to the cell on your plumbing. On the model shown here it is rectangular. It usually looks like a bulge on the plumbing system. Disconnect the unions on both ends of the cell.
2. Soak Cell in a bucket of water with 1 part acid to 4 parts water.
3. Once bubbling action is done rinse cell.
4. Clean debris screen. Many models have a debris screen that needs to be cleaned out. You can find this installed just before the cell. (Shown in the very bottom of the picture)
5. Lube union O-Rings and install cell.